What is insured?
The provision of assistance services which become necessary during a private trip with and without meeting costs is insured.
Insurance benefits are:
Medical assistance, expenses and repatriation
- Medical advice on medical facilities in the relevant country, recommendations on health precautions including vaccinations
- Guarantee of meeting the hospital or medical costs and paying invoices up to the amount specified in the policy
- Meeting the costs up to the amount specified in the policy for your medically reasonable transport by a medically suitable means of transport (ambulance or aircraft). Insured are:
- transport to the nearest hospital appropriate for treatment or to a specialist hospital;
- return transport to your place of residence or to the nearest appropriate hospital to the insured person's place of residence as soon as such return transport is medically advisable and reasonable as well as any transfers between hospitals within the home country necessary for this;
- referral of doctors, specialist doctors, laboratories, hospitals;
- organising a return call from a doctor or admittance to hospital;
- benefits according to clause II.B.4 concerning medical assistance.
- Return transport for you to your place of residence is covered if you have been the direct victim of a terrorist attack, an act of sabotage, an attack or physical assault and as a result of this are no longer emotionally in a position to continue the journey.
- Return transport for you to your place of residence is covered if a closely connected person at home or a close colleague becomes severely ill, is severely injured or dies.
- Return transport for you to your place of residence is covered if your property is seriously damaged at home as a result of theft, fire, water or elemental damage.
- General advice: information on business and social customs, on political situations, on Visa and entry permits, on climate, time zones, currency, banking hours and driving restrictions
- Support in the event of the loss of travel documents and tickets with a reimbursement of costs of up to CHF 500.–
- Interpretation services
24/7 Medical Advisory Service
You may call the respective numbers below 24/7 during the journey, to use the services of the 24/7 Medical Advisory Service:
- Tel. +41 43 508 39 55
- provision of advice for you for minor medical problems in the country of travel;
- provision of medical information as well as hospital and medical practitioner contacts for you;.
- provision of a correspondence doctor or a hospital in the area of the trip for you.
Chubb does not accept liability for damage to assets or health resulting from the information given by the 24/7 Medical Advisory Service.