What to do when faced with an event that is insured under your policy:
In respect of medical claims you should submit claims to your private health provider prior to lodgment with Chubb.
In the event of a delay, a document must be requested from the tour operator or the representative of the tour operator concerned confirming the specific transport number (e.g. flight number), the delay period and the reason for the delay.
All losses under the Travel Documents cover must be reported to local authorities and written acknowledgment obtained.
To avoid delay and to ensure your claim is handled promptly and efficiently, please take note of the details outlined for how to make a claim.
Online Claim Form
For further questions on your Claims, please call Customer Service at: +41 43 508 39 55 (Office Hours 09.00 am - 04.30 pm).
How to submit your claim:
- You need to submit your claim within 30 days of the event giving rise to your claim.
- Submit your claim by using our Online Claim Form
- Complete ALL relevant sections & questions of the claim form that relate to your claim in full. Missing out details will usually result in us needing to contact you for clarification and delay the assessment of your claim.
- Ensure that you collate and attach to your claim form ALL the required supporting documents that relate to your claim. Failing to provide the required supporting documentation will usually result in us needing to contact you for clarification and delay the assessment of your claim.
- For prompt assessment of your claim submit your claim form and supporting documentation by using our Online Claim Form or by emailing to email@example.com. Alternatively you can submit your claim via post.
- Once submitted you should expect to receive confirmation of your claim number within 3 days for emailed claims and within 5 days for posted claims.
- Should you have any query in relation to your claim including a status update please contact our Claims at claims.cembra @chubb.com remembering to quote your policy and claim number.
Required documents to submit in support of your claim
- Completed Claim Form
- Travel booking confirmation and itinerary
In addition to these the following additional supporting documents are required based on the type of claim you are submitting:
Benefit Being Claimed For
Proof of Loss Document
|Common Carrier Cover
- Copy of police report
- Certified true copy of death certificate
- Proof of cost
- Inpatient discharge summary
- Detailed medical report from attending physician on the type of illness or injury sustained
- Hospital bill
- Any documentation that supports the unforeseen circumstances that led to the cancellation or curtailment (e.g. a Medical Report)
- Documentary proof of relevant expenses incurred as a result of this trip cancellation or curtailment
- Invoices / receipts for the purchased items
- Written confirmation from the airline company about the reasons for the flight delay
|Loss of Travel Documents
- Any document that demonstrates proof of ownership
- Any document that adequately supports the amount claimed
- Police report
- Original transport and accommodation receipts incurred for the sole purpose of replacing your travel documents